Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One Month Old!

Hello all,

Whew! It's been one month since Addi's arrival. It's hard to believe. I haven't blogged in awhile, so this is playing catch-up.
First, I thought I would catch up on some pictures of Addi - 'cause she's so cute. Also, to fill you in on a bit - we got to head down to the Olympic trials last Sunday with the posse. It was fun to be part of the crowd and watch (on the big screen) some of the events). One of the weirdest things happened, though. Jon and I were each pushing a stroller. When we got to the metal detectors, the lady told us to leave the babies with her and go down to the end of the row through another metal detector. I just stood there sort of stupidly thinking, "My baby is three weeks old, I am not going to just walk off and leaver her with you." She kept saying, "just push them through and go over there." I finally told her that I would wait until Sandy went through and could be there with Addi. I know it's a small deal, but I'm not going to leave my kids with some security lady. Anyway, after that, we had no more run-ins with the law. :-)
Addi has been doing well - the last few nights she slept for five hours in the middle of the night. It's amazing the things I treasure. She's just delightful and such an easy baby. We are quite fortunate.
Sandy also had his recital last Friday. Our parents, his sister Joy and my Aunt, Uncle and cousin all came to town. It was wonderful to have so many people here to celebrate him. Our good friend Sarah even drove down from north-central Washington (we love you Sarah). Sandy worked soooo hard and it was nice to have our friends and family witness his hard work. He did wonderfully. We also got to spend the weekend with Sandy's family. We saw the sights of Eugene and got to do some shopping - always fun! I don't have many pictures of them on here yet, but will post them when I get them.


Nicole, Sandy and Adalie at the Carson's on
the 4th of July!

Squishy-face

Sweet sleeping thing.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

Falling asleep in the bath! She really loves the bath.

Sandy singing


I love our family pictures

Sandy and his sister, Joy

Our dear friend, Sarah

2 comments:

Jon and Amy said...

Yay- I love reading your blog! Addi's one month already- crazy!

Kenton Henry said...

Happy 1 month birthday, Adalie! We love you!