Monday, May 26, 2008

Baby Shower

I realize that I haven't posted in awhile and it now looks like all I do is go to baby showers! That's not quite true, but I certainly needed to blog about my church shower. My dear friends, Amy and Katrina threw a wonderful jungle-themed shower. It was wonderful to be celebrated in this way - I feel very special. My mom, Eileen and sister, Cami were able to come to town for the weekend which made it even more special.
Katrina's mom, Janice lead a devotion. This is a regular part of showers in my home church and was a very important part for me. I found myself quite tearing up as Janice shared about the impossibly huge job of being a mother and the amazing grace of God that covers us all. Thank you, Janice - that was very special.
Opening presents is always fun and for me the fun is doubled when there is a captive audience to listen to my stories :-) Oh, and we unveiled the baby's name. Her name is.....
Adalie Nicole Miller

We love it. And we can call her Addie, which is Sandy's favorite! Katrina painted some letters for her room - she used the same Noelle Dass art that is already in her (Adalie's) room. They turned out so well.

Cami, Eileen (mom) and Me with
the Adalie letters.

My dear friend, Jolyn

Katrina, Amy and I
Thank you girls, so much!!!!!

This is one of the cute, cute outfits
that Sandy's mom, Lindsay sent for the shower.
Thanks, Lindsay!
Our very own Katrina painting.
How awesome is this.

My (I mean Adalie's) very own
'Ann' blanket. I love it!!!

So many people can to help us celebrate this wonderous, new little life. Thank you to all who not only celebrated with us this night, but who also pray for us. We are getting very excited to introduce our little one to you all soon.

1 comment:

Jesse and Carolyn said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there! I am so excited to meet Adalie! I LOVE the name, by the way. So does Jesse. :) You look great! Can't wait to see you guys!