Friday, October 26, 2007

I can hardly wait.....


I can't even believe it! Nicole and I are going to be parents! We are both very excited and hopeful that everything in the coming months will go smoothly. It's amazing to me that we created life and I can hardly wait to see this little person we get to love and teach and take care of. I'm excited to be stretched as a parent, a spouse, a son, and a friend. I know I'll probably need to remember I said that somewhere down the road when I'm hanging on by a thread trying to finish grad school and Nicole is very pregnant, or the baby has come and we haven't slept at all. It's so new to think that we get to have a family. I am so excited and a bit scared. I found myself journaling about my fears and really laying them down at the feet of God, about the health of the baby, Nicole, our financial status. There could be so many easy things to focus on that could take us away from the joys of preparing for this major change. I also spent time writing a letter to my baby. I asked he/she what they were like. It's a bit odd sounding but I'm very excited to meet this little person. Nicole is going to be an amazing mom and she says the same about me, which I am encouraged by. I happy that my parents are excited for us, too. I'm really glad that my parents and brother come to visit in November. We never get to see each other enough. Who knows maybe they'll fall in love with Eugene? It could happen. For now I am happy, content and excited to be a dad. I can hardly wait...

1 comment:

Kenton Henry said...

Yay! We're so excited for you guys! We can't wait to meet baby Miller. What a cutie he/she will be! You guys are gonna be great parents. It's just so great that God gives us 9 months to prepare for such a big change. You'll be ready by then, for sure!